4th Annual New York International Beer Competition To Be Held February 8th 2015 Open For Submissions!
New York International BEER Competition –
CALL TO ENTRY
We are very excited to invite you to submit your beers to participate in the 4th Annual NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL BEER COMPETITION (“NYIBC”) taking place on Feb. 8th, 2015 at the 3 West Club in Manhattan. The NYIBC is part of the New York International Beverage Competition that includes the New York International Spirits Competition and New York International Wine Competition. This contest stands out from others for it is the only international beer competition where all the judges are real trade buyers judging the beer by its category and actual price.
• All beers are judged by every brand’s TRUE key trade target – beer focused buyers, retail stores, restaurant & bar owners, distributors and importers. Unlike other competitions, these expert TRADE ONLY judges and their opinions make an immediate impact and have the ability to directly influence sales and a brand’s bottom line. These panelists of trade volunteers are not involved for publicity or for their industry position as critics or members of the press. They are the decision makers, experts and willing supporters of the craft who have an authentic understanding of the business of buying and selling beer.
• Each product category has a sub category for pricing. Therefore, a beer will be judged in its category along with other beers in the same price range. Each category will have its own pricing levels and details are listed on the submission form. For example, a $7.99 six-pack of American Style Wheat will be placed into a judging category with a $8.99 six-pack of American Style Wheat and not a $13.99 one
• Brands will be rated on a set of criteria including appearance, aroma, taste, mouthfeel and finish. Each beer will be tasted blindly. Upon completion of the tastings, panelists will confer and decide which samples are award worthy.
• Award levels are Double Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
– Double Gold: Phenomenal Product for Buyers
– Gold: Buyers “Love” It
– Silver: Buyers “Like” It
– Bronze: Buyers will purchase it
• Double Gold award winners will be re-tasted by all panelists to establish which brands may be eligible to receive a ‘Best of Category’ endorsement in their pricing category.
• While other recognized competitions prize up to 85% of entrants, the discerning panel and ethos of the NYIBC is to award the brands that are most deserving. This year around 40% of the spirits who submitted won a medal and only eight Double Gold medals was awarded .
• THE COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL BREWERS, YOUR BEER DOES NOT HAVE TO BE SOLD OR IMPORTED INTO THE UNITED STATES TO PARTICIPATE.
BENEFITS AND VISIBILITY:
The NYIBC will offer brand exposure in the following ways:
• All winning brands will be listed on the NYIBC site with their image and link to their website.
• There is no charge for winning brands to use their winning award icons.
• The media sponsors including Bar Biz Magazine will be listing all awarded brands and profiling the top winners.
• There will be formal press release disseminated on behalf of the NYIBC announcing the winners within two weeks of the competition.
• Winners will be highlighted in content on the www.alcoholprofessor.com
• Winners will be highlighted in our founder’s Adam Levy Contributing Editor Column at Bar Biz Magazine which is distributed to over 15K Print and 100K Online Subscribers.
• There will be a final tasting/media/consumer event for the winners’ approximately four weeks after the competition to showcase the best of contest. There is no additional charge for the medal winners to participate in this press/trade event and consumer.
Each entry starts at $85 online and $85 by fax/email/mail.
Applications can be submitted online at www.thedatastill.com or download the form off of our website
For more information about the competitions please visit: http://nyibeercompeti.wpengine.com/
The deadline for receipt of entry is February 2nd 2015
v. 9173380163 x 1